Views

Monday, August 15, 2011

A good try =)

Scramble with the girls
A well-spent weekend, that’s the best way to describe it. My brother chose 3 not so well off kids from our neighbourhood and asked me if I can do an apostolate and bring them to the nearest mall. Hmm not a bad idea... Its just that maybe my brother was thinking that I need to do some charity works to make up for my sins funny but that’s a big check!
My day started with a good cup of coffee and breakfast. By 930am, the 3 kids were ready and were on their best get up. I really felt that I was a bit underdressed for the occasion the moment I saw them. You’ll know that they are excited because they got inside ecto1 (my owner-type jeep) right away. On our way to the mall, I was trying to make them feel relax and comfortable with me. At first, they just answered me with giggles but as soon as I crack some jokes they started talking and laughing. It was fun! Believe it, I know exactly how they feel. We were not well off when I was a kid and going to the mall is like saying we’re going to paradise in my ears. I can still remember how we save our allowance just to go to the mall to buy the latest addition to our not so fab miniature collections.
With Jollibee
In the mall: we started the day with the 1st mall ride that we saw, the carousel. They were running towards the carousel the moment I handed the tickets to them. We took some pictures then we went around the mall. I asked them what they want when we were at the kids section of the department store. The look in their eyes was indeed gratifying. It was a long woooow look hahaha! They got a set of hair accessories and the eldest kid got a new kikay bag. We stopped for scramble then we head for the next mall ride. I’m not sure what they call it but it will sure make you feel that you are falling. (I hate that feeling but I still ride the extremes in Universal Studios, Enchanted and Alton Towers but no way to Oblivion! (an extreme ride in Alton Towers)). I got a bit scared because the kids were about to cry during the ride but it made me laugh because I thought they will kill me as soon as they finish the ride. And for lunch, I met up with my family at Jollibee as requested by my guests. After lunch, they had another request, to have a photo with Jollibee well that was ok but the next request gave me that slurch in my stomach but I did it anyway. They asked me to have a photo with Jollibee tsk! Well, it should be ok if it was the mascot but it was a photo with the life size Jollibee Statue that’s at every entrance of every Jollibee branch.
It was a good experience but I was thinking to do it in a bigger group next time. The feeling was gratifying. Praying, hearing mass and being religious is not enough, one should always extend their hand in helping if not making other people happy by doing some apostolate. I usually over think everything but at that moment I just enjoyed that refreshing feeling. I just hope I can do it again in a bigger group and with my friends so I can share the feeling with them.

                                                           UPSIDE DOWN RESTAURANT

The Pan De Amerikana Bakery and Restaurant is situated along Katipunan Road in Quezon City. The concept of the restaurant is great. Everything is upside down. The entrance was like the window of the attic and there is a Land rover and a bike hanging upside down outside the restaurant. Inside the restaurant were a grand piano and a dining set hanging upside down. A lot of famous reporters featured Pan De Amerikana’s  Upside down restaurant. The ambiance is good except for the mosquitos. I had like 3 to 5 mosquito bites during our stay there. The food is inexpensive. It ranges from 40 to 400 pesos. The taste? Hmm from 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) I’ll give it a 3 though the service is really fast. I guess a great concept and a good endorsement from famous reporters are not enough. The restaurant owners should really concentrate on the food they serve. I also tried the pandesal from their bakery and it was good. If I’ll go back to that restaurant I’d probably just have their pandesal instead of the food inside the restaurant. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment